Thursday, December 17, 2009

prompt 6

In this prompt, it asks how I have communicated in different ways to almost “breakdown” any barriers. As a math tutor, I had a lot of different ways to breakdown any barriers. Granted all my student understood the language when they heard it. Numbers are a universal language which made this a little easier on me. I managed however to breakdown learning barriers by being able to focus on a few students and teach them in a couple different ways until maybe a combination of ways really helped the group as a whole. This was the most gratifying experience I had throughout tutoring. To have a group of kids not focused and don’t really care, turn into attentive and fun kids. That’s something that really drives me to be a teacher. By the end of my visits, these kids really enjoyed having me, and it felt good. I really can’t wait to affect children’s live by the power that’s given to us. And if I can help children understand one thing, that’s a total win for me. To see these kids not understand something at first, and then figuring it out, then absolutely flying through the problems is just really amazing. To “breakdown” learning barriers, and to get through to the kids is really good. Also, my teacher once said, that the student after working with me, understood and really got a good foothold in what she was teaching. That student used to hold the class back, and now it’s one less kid holding the class back. He was actually taken outta my group because he was doing too well. I think that’s a win in my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment